The Agency’s role is clearly defined in the Grenada Council for Technical and Vocational Education and Training Act of 2009 and it has the mandate to perform the following functions:
- To manage the issuance of certificates in relation to TVET
- To validate regional competency standards and develop new competency
- To approve the design and delivery of training courses
In addition, the National Training Agency is responsible for:
- The introduction of CARICOM approved occupational standards in all areas of training including Hospitality, Construction, Agriculture and Marina.
- Establishment of Industry Lead Bodies to validate all standards in the different occupational areas for use in Grenada.
- Establishment of Accreditation and Quality Assurance Procedures to facilitate training and certification that will enable trainees to achieve the Caribbean Vocational Qualification (CVQ) in their specific area of training.
- The Certification of the Grenada workforce to meet the labour market demands of industry.
- Establishment of a Standard Qualifications Framework.