CVQs are awarded to candidates that demonstrate competence to the Regional Occupational Standards. You can obtain a CVQ at your job through the workplace competence certification route.
You can also obtain a CVQ at training providers such as schools and technical institutes or through community-based
programmes that have successfully used workplace activities to the satisfaction of the NTA Registration and Approval System.
Benefits of the CVQ
- It is a broad-based preparation for employment
- It provides an alternative route to further / higher education
- It has parallel standing with academic qualifications at same level
- Will complement the academic track
- Recognized & Portable Qualification in CARICOM / Rest of the World
- The CVQ ensures that you can perform in the workplace
- Your past work experience and skills will count towards the CVQ
- If you don’t complete the CVQ at a centre or school you can continue at another approved centre.
Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition
National Vocational Qualification (NVQ)
Caribbean Vocational Qualification (CVQ)